Before pursuing his engineering degree, Brian Anders worked as a full-time dockworker and switch operator for a local trucking company. The combination of this industry experience and the influence of a local private investigator piqued Brian's interest in accident reconstruction investigation.
His career as a professional engineer began over fifteen years ago. Since then, Brian has investigated hundreds of motor vehicle incidents nationwide. Brian applies his industry experience and advanced engineering education to understand complex motor vehicle collisions. His ability to convey highly technical material to non-technical audiences makes him an effective expert witness. The industry's mixture of investigation and client management is an excellent fit to Brian's interests and talents.
Brian's time away from DELTA [v] is spent with his family. Recently, Brian & his wife have enjoyed coaching their daughters' softball teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, University of North Carolina Charlotte
- Commercial Vehicle Accident Reconstruction
- Complex, High-Exposure Motor Vehicle Reconstructions
- Commercial Vehicle Braking Systems
- Forensic Animation Applications
- Qualified Forensic Animation Expert
- Qualified Video Analysis Expert
- Instrument Rated Aircraft Pilot
- Successfully Transferred ECM Chip Data to Recover Crash Data from a Damaged ECM
- Court cited his testimony as "Influential in its decision" during high profile matter
- Recent involvement in a high exposure, complex client and case management matter
- Obtaining and utilizing FBI Surveillance Video to analyze a motor vehicle incident
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- National Association of Professional Accident Reconstruction Specialists
Recent Speaking Engagements:
- Annual TIDA Seminar, "ECM Download: Now That You Have It"
- Insights to Successful Defense and Resolution of Claims, "Auto Accident Reconstruction: Parts & Pieces"
- TIDA Mini Seminar at the Truckload Carrier Association Safety Annual Meeting, "ECM Download: Now That You Have It"
- AR Seminar, "Putting the Brakes on a Bad DOT Report"
- McAngus, Goudelock, & Courie Fall Conference, "Evolution of a Reconstruction: Crash to Craft"
- Primerus Defense Institute Transportation Seminar, "Aggressive Management of Critical Early Post-Accident Hours"
- ABOTA's Masters in Cross Examination, "Cross Examination of an Accident Reconstructionist"
- ABA Transportation Megaconference, "Accident Emergency Response and Investigation – From Physics to Empathy"