After completing his mechanical engineering degree at NC State in 2007, Heath Spivey joined DELTA [v] as an engineering associate. Like most of his colleagues, Heath's fieldwork training began by surveying the office parking lot. His data collection skills have advanced tremendously since those days. He now finds himself documenting scene and vehicle data on roadsides nationwide.
Heath’s time in the office is spent prepping the field data for engineering analysis. This includes sorting and captioning photographs, performing initial hand calculations, and pulling various industry research. Heath has become DELTA [v]’s resident expert at HVE EDSMAC 4, an industry specific software program now used on every case.
He is pursuing his Masters Degree in Civil Engineering with a focus in transportation engineering at UNC Charlotte. In his free time, Heath enjoys boating on Lake Norman or mountain biking at Charlotte’s Whitewater Center.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from North Carolina State University
- HVE EDSMAC Software
- Heavy Vehicle Event Data Recorders
- Passenger Vehicle Accident Reconstruction
- Passenger Vehicle Component Analysis
- Recently passed the NC PE exam
- Completed DELTA [v] HVEDR Handbook
- Traffic Crash Reconstruction I Course, Northwestern University
- Cummins INSITE Training (ECM Extraction Procedure and Analysis)
- HVE Forum (Advanced 2D Simulations and Vehicle Dynamics Courses), Engineering Dynamics Corp.
- Society of Automotive Engineers